In my personal hours, I act as the marketing and technology manager of Blue Iris Therapy, a massage therapy business I co-own with my girlfriend. In this capacity, I create all web copy and email campaigns, I’m responsible for regular communication with employees, and I set up company visits and event services, such as weekly massages at the Austin-American Statesman and promotions in association with other businesses.
Below are examples of successful email campaigns I have created. The first three are for Mother’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, and Valentine’s Day. The last one promotes the idea of staycations in Austin by citing local events and places of interest, including Blue Iris Therapy, and has a sidebar promotion for our Father’s Day gift certificate offer.
Web copy on the Gift Certificates page for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day to highlight successful copy that translated to sales:
In July 2015, I did a complete design overhaul of the website, creating and implementing the new look through use of a downloaded theme-editing package in WordPress.
I’ve also been instrumental in establishing the web presence for the massage therapist business by:
- Designing, building, and maintaining company website using WordPress.org and all applicable plug-ins.
- Writing all web copy.
- Creating the Facebook page and regularly contributing status updates.
- Using MailChimp to create and write regular company newsletters to announce news and specials to customers with open and click through rates higher than the industry average from 2 to 20 percent.
- Setting up the Yelp page.
- Starting a PayPal business account.
- Increasing the business’s ability to be found in search engines by placing it on Google Maps and creating a Google+ profile.
- Changing commissioned company logo from image on the left to the one on the right to more closely align with the image of the company’s namesake and have a more noticeable palette.